Classic Japanese method to serve leeks. Tender and umami filled leeks with bonito flakes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 people
- Cuisine: Japanese, Vegetables
- 4 leeks (white parts only (180g, about 2 heaping cups))
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 1/2 cup dried bonito flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 ºF.
- Put chopped leeks in aluminum foil with sesame oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fold the foil around the leeks and crimp the seams.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until the leeks are soft.
- Meanwhile, mix soy sauce and sake in a small bowl and set aside.
- Transfer leeks to a bowl and pour soy sauce mixture.
- Top with dried bonito flakes and serve immediately.